Learn how we brought Shark Week to the App Store.
Shark Week Presents Shark Strike
Take a bite out of summer with the first official Discovery Shark Week app!
They’re magnificent creatures, ferocious and feared, but until you’ve swum with them, studied them, or watched them, you just won’t know what it is to be a shark!
In this side-scrolling adventure game, you are no ordinary shark. When a group of big bad “Boss” Orcas come around and snatch up your shark pups, you set off on an epic quest to get your babies back! You start off as a Reef Shark, but as you build up the skills, experience and shark points necessary, you can climb up the predator food chain into a Blue Shark, Bull Shark, Thresher Shark or even a Great White! Each type of shark comes with special abilities and attributes—from chomp to speed to stamina. It is your goal to maximize each shark in order to reach your full potential and save your pups. Even the humble Reef Shark has what it takes!
Swipe, tap and shake as you battle through each level. Earn Shark Points and Clams as you gobble down prey, achieve high scores and if your lucky, come across the daily ‘Loot Drop!’ Use your points to super-charge your shark powers:
- Chomp: Make your bite more powerful to take down bigger prey and do more damage!
- Speed: Maximize your ability to dash out of danger!
- Stamina: Recover more quickly and last longer in the game!
Transform into five different sharks:
- Reef Shark—you’re young, hungry and small
- Blue Shark—your advantage is speed!
- Bull Shark—powerful and able to hold your own!
- Thresher Shark—able to hurt to anything in the sea!
- Great White Shark—the ultimate apex predator
Explore three different beautifully detailed oceanic worlds:
- The Arctic, frigid, frozen but filled with life!
- The Tropics, a warm tropical paradise!
- The Sunken City, filled with overgrown ancient ruins!
App features include:
- Pinpoint controls let you glide out of danger, attack prey and stay on the path to rescuing your pups!
- Realistic and compelling sound effects
- A wide range of realistic prey—from Angel Fish to Rays, Atlantic Mackerel to Seals, Eels to Catsharks!
- Lots of danger to keep you on your fins, including urchin, jellyfish and orcas!
- Sharkopedia facts keep your stomach full of fascinating shark facts
Shark Week starts July 23rd at 7:00pm, but why wait? Make THIS week a bad week to be a seal with ‘Shark Strike.’