We’re currently expanding our team and are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people with a talent and passion for advancing the artistic medium of Interface design! Graphite Lab is seeking a versatile, intelligent User Interface Artist with a range of experience in designing and building interfaces for games, websites and mobile applications.
Our UI Artists are responsible for developing well-designed, intuitive, and attractive interfaces for our projects. Their efforts ensure that each game or application we produce is easy to navigate and enjoyable to interact with.
- Work with artists, programmers, and producers to understand project goals and build intelligent interfaces that support those goals.
- Prepare visual concepts and mockups of interfaces for games, web and mobile.
- Build upon visual concepts, taking them into final designs for games, web and mobile.
- Work within a team of artists, designers, and programmers to produce complete work.
- Excellent understanding of composition, layout, color theory, and typography.
- Strong understanding of icon and identity design.
- Advanced knowledge of flash and flash animation for interfaces.
- Expert using Photoshop and Illustrator to create both bitmap and vector graphics.
- Ability to interpret game and website visions and translate ideas into visual designs and interfaces.
- Understanding of current mobile design trends and limitations.
- Comfortable multitasking and managing several different initiatives at once, while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to analyze workload, accurately predict turnaround time, and keep management informed of status and changes.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, keeping management informed of status and changes.
- Strong verbal and written ability to communicate.
- Strong traditional art skills.
- Experience working with ActionScript 3.0.
- Possess motion design skills and familiarity animating in After Effects and/or Flash.
- Unparalleled love and passion for games!
How to Apply
Send an email with the subject “User Interface Applicant | [Your Name]” to email@example.com.
- Write a brief cover letter / introduction in the body of the email, including a summary of your work experience and your interest in working with GLI.
- Attach a resume (DOC / PDF / Weblink) including work experience, education and significant achievements in past roles.
Leave A Comment