Graphite Lab is on a mission to bring brands to life in fun and entertaining ways! We’re responsible for helping brands such as Transformers , My Little Pony , and Mr. Potato Head all reach #1 spots on the app store. As one of St. Louis’ most innovative companies we’ve been recognized by Game Informer Magazine as a top Indie Developer to Watch.
Graphite Lab is looking for Gameplay Programmers to help grow our portfolio of amazing clients. A strong background in game development and programming is essential, but an entrepreneurial spirit and great work ethic will help you stand out from the crowd!
We need someone who will:
- Evaluate game designs and identify tasks required to reach a finished product.
- Design, develop and debug quality code that drives our games.
- Work cohesively among a team of designers, artists, musicians and testers.
- Accept and provide direction to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Individually tackle game engineering problems and present timely, effective solutions.
- Take individual responsibility for the successful implementation of programming tasks from start to completion / title launch.
Some things we look for:
- Previously part of a team with a shipped product(s) using the Unity 3D game engine.
- Strong understanding of C#, Java, Objective-C, Functional and OOP techniques.
- Demonstrated experience writing effective, efficient game AI, game physics, networking and other game systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
Other things to consider before you apply:
- We have a small team which requires everyone to be multi-faceted and willing to learn new things at all times.
- A full-time and part-time commitments are available.
- Candidates in St. Louis are great – but our team is remote. You can be remote, too!
- As part of the application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and programming test.
- We’re offering hourly-based compensation package based on candidate experience.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits for all full-time employees.
GRAPHITE LAB COMPANY OVERVIEW
Graphite Lab was founded in 2009 with the philosophy to bring brands to life in fun and entertaining ways. We’ve developed award-winning games and apps for clients such as Hasbro, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney, but are just scratching the surface. From our office in St. Louis MO, we serve clients all across the US and Europe in all areas of game development: design, programming, art, animation, quality assurance, and support.
- Please send over your resume and summary of past work to [email@example.com]
- Please list in the subject line of your email the following: [Job] “YOUR NAME” – Programming Applicant.
- Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a programming test before advancing to a phone interview.