On average, a published game has over 20 different 3rd party integrations. These tools manage everything from game analytics to controller configurations, ad mediation to augmented reality display, performance benchmarking to player support functions. It’s a lot. At Graphite Lab, we’ve realized that juggling all of these tools is a full-time job and benefits from a specialized set of hands to oversee these tools. Our Systems Programmers do that job and we’re on the hunt for additional hands!
We need someone who will:
- Evaluate 3rd party integrations and identify tasks required to successfully implement in our games.
- Design, develop and debug quality code that drives 3rd party integrations in our games.
- Work cohesively among a team of programmers, designers, artists, producers, and testers.
- Individually tackle game engineering problems and present timely, effective solutions.
- Accept and provide direction to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Take individual responsibility for the successful implementation of programming tasks from start to completion / title launch.
Some things we look for:
- Previously part of a team with a shipped product(s) using the Unity 3D game engine.
- Strong understanding of C#, Java, Objective-C, Functional and OOP techniques.
- Ability to pick up the basics of a new language quickly to support troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts and patterns such as abstraction and generics.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Other things to consider before you apply:
- We have a small team which requires everyone to be multi-faceted and willing to learn new things at all times.
- A full-time and part-time commitments are available.
- Candidates in St. Louis are great – but our team is remote. You can be remote, too!
- As part of the application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and programming test.
- We’re offering a hourly-based compensation package based on candidate experience.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits for all full-time employees.
GRAPHITE LAB COMPANY OVERVIEW
Graphite Lab was founded in 2009 with the philosophy to bring brands to life in fun and entertaining ways. We’ve developed award-winning games and apps for clients such as Hasbro, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney, but are just scratching the surface. From our office in St. Louis MO, we serve clients all across the US and Europe in all areas of game development: design, programming, art, animation, quality assurance, and support. As one of St. Louis’ most innovative companies we’ve been recognized by Game Informer Magazine as a top Indie Developer to Watch.
- Please send over your resume and summary of past work to [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Please list in the subject line of your email the following: [Job] “YOUR NAME” – Programming Applicant.
- Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a programming test before advancing to a phone interview.