A sci-fi action platformer for 1-4 players blending run-and-gun gameplay with strategic campaigns. (PC/Mac/Linux and Wii U)
In the 24th century, humanity is at war with a hostile alien race. Outnumbered a million to one, mankind’s only hope of survival is the J.U.M.P. Corps. Its mission is to fight the alien menace hive by hive and planet by planet.
Hive Jump is one part Spelunky, one part XCOM, and all parts alien ass-kicking. You and your friends assume the role of JUMPERS, and blast your way through subterranean alien hives in run-and-gun 2D platforming action. Kill aliens, avoid traps, collect resources, and defeat the hive queen lurking at the bottom of the hive to complete the JUMP.
- Action Platforming: Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat. Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play single player, or 2-4 player co-op. (local or online)
- Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
- Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed by the aliens you have no more lives.
- Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies await in the hive.
- Upgradeable Sci-Fi Weapons: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of experimental bombs and weapons.
- Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to upgrade your arsenal.
- Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
- Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode.
- Controller Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
- Platforms: PC / Mac / Linux (via Steam) and Wii U
Hive Gameplay – TL:DR Edition
(by Jillian Stiles)